If you have never had to replace windows before, lucky you! If you are just now realizing that you will need to replace one window, then you might be worried. Replacing a window means exposing your home to the outside world, therefore you might want to get it over as quickly as possible. Your Denver Windows specialist can help you to know the exact timeline of replacing one window, but typically it will go like this.
Ordering Your Windows
Before installation you will also need to spend time choosing and ordering the window. You will need to have exact measurements, before the windows are placed. If you choose all-white frames then they can usually be produced quickly, but custom colors will take longer.
Once your windows have been produced, the installers will come to your home. This is usually very quick, and should only take around 45 minutes to an hour to install one window. Despite this usually being a quick process, there are a few reasons why it may take longer. For example, if you have more than one window being installed it will take longer, or if they are of an odd shape.
The number of windows being replaced may also have an impact, or if they are on the ground floor versus upper level. The material of the walls will change installation time as well. Whether that is wood, stucco, or brick, they all have different installation times. Finally, whether or not there is anything obstructing the path to the window openings will make or break your installation time.
Tips to Make Window Installation go More Quickly
There are a few steps that you can take to ensure that your installation goes quickly. Essentially this mainly means being organized. Before the window installers arrive, you should take a few precautions.
- Take down any window treatments such as curtains or blinds.
- Make sure that your installers have clear paths to your window openings.
- Ensure both the interior and exterior of your home are easy to access.
- Move furniture or large objects that may be blocking the window
- Removing pictures and mirrors, or anything near the window opening of at least 3 feet around the window.
- Leave your doors unlocked during the time period that your windows are being replaced. This is because window installation requires access to both the inside and outside of your home.
How Long Does it Take to Replace One Window?
For most jobs, it will take around one hour for one window to be installed. However, if your home is not easily accessible, or one of the other factors rings true to your situation, it may take a bit longer. Quality takes longer because of the care put in, so it is recommended not to rush the process to ensure a job well done. Contact us today to learn about our different services, and the window options we offer.