Cleaning your Amerimax Windows might seem easy, but there is a right way to clean them. Although you might think that you can just put some cleaner and use tools to get the job done, it is not so easy.
Why You Need Clean Windows
When the sun is shining through dirty windows you may not be getting the most sunlight that you can through your windows. You might not realize it but you may have build-up made from dirt, dust, bugs, or water spots.
To enjoy longer days and be able to have more sunlight, you should wash your Amerimax Windows at least a few times per year.
Choosing Your Products
There are many products available and they all typically state that a “streak-free shine” will be made. The best product to use is one part white vinegar and two parts water. This is best when mixed in a spray bottle and sprayed directly onto the windows.
Cleaning the Inside of Your Amerimax Windows
- Step 1: Start by filling a bucket or large pot with clean and cool water
- Step 2: Add a few drops of liquid dish soap
- Step 3: Place a large bath towel beneath the window. This is to catch any spills
- Step 4: Take a clean microfiber cloth and go over the whole surface of the window. You can also use a sponge.
- Step 5: Start at the top and work your way down.
- Step 6: Wipe the frame, as well as inside and outside.
- Step 7: Spray the window fully with the vinegar and water solution. You can also use a commercial product like Windex. Another option is mixing one cap worth of ammonia with two gallons of water.
- Step 8: Using a clean towel dry the window completely. If you do not have a towel another option is a black and white newspaper page.
- Step 9: Dry the window in a Z-shaped motion. You can use clean paper towels once you are done.
- Step 10: If there is any dirt remaining you can spray the window again and repeat the process. Usually, a window will need to be done twice.
Cleaning the Outside of Your Amerimax Windows
Outside windows usually have more dirt than the inside of the windows. You can begin by rinsing the windows with a hose. You follow similar steps to cleaning the outside as you did with the inside, but instead, you can use a hose to start the process. Next, you can use a mop to add the vinegar and water solution. Finally, you should wipe the window try, and use a rubber-bladed to get the surface streak-free. Then use a clean towel to wipe the window.
Contact us today to learn about Amerimax Windows Denver.