Why Choose Awning Windows?
Awning windows are a unique choice of windows since their sashes open from the top. Because these windows open toward the outside (giving them the awning look), you can feel free to open their awning windows during a rainstorm for that fresh rain scent without the fear of water pooling inside the home. Feel free to simply open your awning window only slightly to get a fresh breeze in your home.
These types of windows not only provide adequate ventilation but also let in better natural light. They provide maximum curb appeal due to their unique designs and minimalist style. Place them up higher on the wall for a dramatic effect or choose from a selection of patterns or pair them with other windows for a beautiful configuration all your own.
Are Your Awning Windows Energy-Efficient?
Awning windows close and lock tightly, making them some of the most energy-efficient windows available on the market today. As a bonus, if the wind is blowing against your window, because of the way awning windows open, this will only create a tighter seal.
These windows provide better insulation, helping to save you money on your energy bills. They also provide a “greener” environment for your home in that these windows are typically double or triple-paned. This feature aids in the reduction of your energy usage. Choose from fiberglass or vinyl panes to make your awning windows more energy efficient.
How To Care for Your Awning Windows
Caring for your awning windows will ensure their longevity and efficiency. Simply follow these cleaning steps to keep your awning windows in good working order:
- With the window completely closed, wipe down the interior frame with a damp cloth. Be sure to completely remove any debris or grease.
- Next, remove the window screen to access the window. Clean the window screen separately, either in the bathtub or outdoors with a garden hose.
- Use your preferred glass cleaner and damp terry cloth to wipe the inside of your awning window. Again, it is important to make sure you remove all debris, grease, or any other foreign materials on the window pane.
- Crank the window open until the hinges are fully extended and unfasten the clips. The sash should be able to pivot and move freely.
- With one hand on the sash, use the other hand to clean the exterior window pane following the same steps as above.
Why Choose JDI Windows?
JDI Windows was formed in 1997 by a Denver team with over 50 years of combined experience. We pride ourselves on integrity, customer service, and hard work. We believe this is why more than half of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We guarantee your work will be done right the first time and within the specified deadline. Contact us today for a worry-free consultation.